• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Hero and HTC - Help!

D

digitalxni

Afternoon guys, how is everyone?

Had my HTC Hero delivered today and so far I'm impressed (except for the battery life but I need to stop playing and start tweaking!)

I've been having huge signal problems with T-Mobile. I'm on 2G and I get 2 bars in my bedroom and absolutely none downstairs unless I go outside the front door so I've decided to update as I have read that signal issues could be sorted. Anyway on to the problem!

I've synched the Hero to my pc fine and everything is dandy. I'm just about to run the ROM update utility and the readme is telling me to disable the android screen lock? Now as far as I can tell this just comes on automatically and you can't switch it off. Is it talking about the pattern lock?

Please help a complete newbie!

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones