• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Hero. New to Android!

Xandria

Mar 10, 2010
Portland area
Not new to cell phones. :p I will have my HTC Hero thru Sprint in a few days. Here is what happened:

I have had Sprint for years. Two years ago I started wanting more than just a phone and I got the Palm Treo 755p. Loved it!! Loved Palm Desktop! I really used that phone. It started to fall apart, and when I tried to get a replacement, I was told they don't make Treos anymore. Sooo sad!! So, onward and upward, I chose the Palm Pre.

Well... The first Pre I had was defective, so they gave me another one 2 days later. During the first update I attempted, I lost ALL my contacts. And since Palm decided NOT to use Palm Desktop with the Pre, I didn't have any of that info on my PC. Anyway, soon after the update, my camera stopped working & the phone would NOT ring at all! The only way I knew I got a call was when the "missed call" alert popped up on the screen. Niiiice. I also found the slide-down keyboard to be flimsy. The little phone is super slick (read: slippery). I had to keep a death grip on the little bugger so I didn't drop it. AND, once I synced all my info to the Palm "cloud" I could no longer sync it to Google. :eek: WHA?!?! True. I had to do it all manually via vcards.

Long story short(er), I am giving the silly little Pre back to Sprint and my Hero should arrive via mail in 2 days. :D

I am checking out this forum, trying to read up on tips and tricks and the like. I will have questions! This is my first Android and I am pretty excited about it. :p

Not new to cell phones. :p I will have my HTC Hero thru Sprint in a few days. Here is what happened:

I have had Sprint for years. Two years ago I started wanting more than just a phone and I got the Palm Treo 755p. Loved it!! Loved Palm Desktop! I really used that phone. It started to fall apart, and when I tried to get a replacement, I was told they don't make Treos anymore. Sooo sad!! So, onward and upward, I chose the Palm Pre.

Well... The first Pre I had was defective, so they gave me another one 2 days later. During the first update I attempted, I lost ALL my contacts. And since Palm decided NOT to use Palm Desktop with the Pre, I didn't have any of that info on my PC. Anyway, soon after the update, my camera stopped working & the phone would NOT ring at all! The only way I knew I got a call was when the "missed call" alert popped up on the screen. Niiiice. I also found the slide-down keyboard to be flimsy. The little phone is super slick (read: slippery). I had to keep a death grip on the little bugger so I didn't drop it. AND, once I synced all my info to the Palm "cloud" I could no longer sync it to Google. :eek: WHA?!?! True. I had to do it all manually via vcards.

Long story short(er), I am giving the silly little Pre back to Sprint and my Hero should arrive via mail in 2 days. :D

I am checking out this forum, trying to read up on tips and tricks and the like. I will have questions! This is my first Android and I am pretty excited about it. :p
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones