1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New To LG Motion & Andriods All Together !

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OhhSoActive, Dec 19, 2012.

1. OhhSoActive

OhhSoActive Newbie

For Christmas i'm finally upgrading from the Samsung Freeform (Original) to my very first Android phone ! :smokingsomb:
    This was way overdue considering my brothers and mom have high end phones and cant work them half the time, while i'm pretty tech suavy. :p

Anyway..

-Any starter tips i should apply right out of the box?

-How does overclocking work and how do i go about doing so?

-Has anyone used the Chrome Metro Pcs case for this phone? If so could you post up some pics? :)

And just about anything else i should know.

I've pretty much read the whole forum for this phone and know most of the issues and info.
    (So much that i feel like i know some of these regulars personally. :p)
    Ex: the batman android guy, the hipster looking android, & dave chappelle avatars. (x

Well I'm REALLY looking forward to this phone and pushing it to its max potential (Would love tips on this also.)

Thankss In Advance. ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Android Enthusiast

The phone come pre-overclocked, so go for under locking. I'm playing chaos ring at 1100 MHz with no lag. :)

In terms of cases, I'd recommend the hard rubber case with the plastic kick stand. I've dropped my phone plenty of times in this case and not a single crack or scratch on the frame.

3. Matthew83

Matthew83 Android Enthusiast

Welcome to the forums! I suppose the batman android guy would be me :D :eek:.

I use the Metro black gel case which is ok but not great since it covers the buttons. Granted someone mentioned I could cut the case around the buttons but I rather not. The chrome one looks pretty nice, they didn't have that one when I first bought my phone.

As for overclocking you need to root the phone to do that. Rooting is very simple but just make sure you read the directions carefully and follow them. I forgot to set mine to USB debugging and it didn't work the first time but it didn't harm anything.

Once rooted there are different apps available to set the CPU speed, I use No-Frills CPU Control which works well enough for my needs. Mine was stock 1.5 but I keep it set to 1.2 for everyday use.

Biggest tip I can think of is to disable all the metro bloatware which is easy to do without even having to root! If you plan on using WiFi a lot, make sure to get rid of Metro Easy Wifi which is absolute junk.

OhhSoActive likes this.
  4. OhhSoActive

OhhSoActive Newbie

Yupp :p

I seen that case and i'm thinking about it but the Chrome one intrigues me for some reason, but ive never seen it and cant find any pics of how it really looks.

Ohh does leaving it at 1.5 cause problems with heat or anything?

&what are some fun games to jump into? :)
    I'm already addicted too Subway Surfer & Temple Run just from playing it on my girlfriends phone. :rolleyes: haha

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Hi OhhSoActive

I don't own this phone but I read so much about it, I practically know everything about it :rolleyes: I'm just waiting for the funds to come so I can get one :D You will have a fun time with this phone!! Okay yea, not as much fun as the Samsung Galaxy SIII, but for your first android phone, this is a really good one and it's a great starter phone since it's so cheap in comparison to the S3.

If you want to underclock, you must root first here: http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/611262-i-found-root-guys.html then download an app to underclock, like this one.

Here are the safe apps to remove/freeze: http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/613241-guide-wip-apps-safe-remove.html Good to do if you don't like a bunch of metro bloatware.

If you would like your SD card to be the default memory for all your apps instead of internal storage, I recommend following this guide: http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...g-mnt-sdcard-external_sd-back-mnt-sdcard.html
    There are some glitches with this so only do it if you are comfortable with the process and are comfortable with the glitches. If you only have a 4GB microSD card or less, there is no point in following that guide.

If you would like to unroot, or you bricked somehow, that guide is here:
    http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...rick-lg-motion-unroot-getting-1-5ghz-kdz.html

daxel and OhhSoActive like this.
  6. Matthew83

Matthew83 Android Enthusiast

I forgot to set mine to automatically set to 1.2 on start up so I think I've ran it several days on 1.5 after I've restarted the phone. I don't think it bothers anything. I do notice it can get pretty warm sometimes during heavy use but nothing too bad.

I don't game too much on my phone but I was addicted to Major Mayhem for a little while, but you probably already know that if you have read my previous posts. ;)

7. OhhSoActive

OhhSoActive Newbie

Thanks for the help, all this info & all these links should be really helpful ! :D

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews