1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root New to Liberty - browser question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HotLZ, Feb 20, 2011.

1. HotLZ

HotLZ Newbie

Just loaded Liberty, and love it. One question: How do I get rid of the zoom in/out (+,-) control on the browser that's there now? Searched but couldn't find anything. Thx.

Advertisement

2. xliderider

xliderider Android Expert

I'm on Apex 1.4.0 now, but see if there is an option to load the AOSP browser on there.

3. SaurusX

SaurusX Well-Known Member

The AOSP browser is the one with the (+/-) buttons. They suck. I recommend to nandroid back to stock, copy Browser.apk from system/app/ onto your sdcard, nandroid back to your ROM, then copy over Browser.apk in system/app with the one you just put on your sdcard. Success!

4. Wally World

Wally World Android Expert

xliderider likes this.
  5. xliderider

Tried this with the files from the link provided, with both the Browser.apk and Browser.Odex (renamed to Browser.apk) and neither will show up in my app tray after putting them in my /System/App folder, even after a reboot.

6. HotLZ

HotLZ Newbie

I can't get it to work either. I copied the browser.apk to the sd card, nandroided back to liberty 1.5 and copied the browser.apk over to /system/app, where it says browser.apk(no install). Try to install it and I get an error saying it application not installed.

7. dgdave

dgdave Well-Known Member

Get on apex 1.4 and use the toolbox

xliderider likes this.
  8. xliderider

Thanks, that worked. However, I lost all my bookmarks. :(

Anyone know what the bookmarks are under for the Motorola Blur Browser? I'm sure I must have it backed up with Titanium Backup somewhere. :p

Edit: NVM, I just had to do a Restore for Data on my Browser Bookmarks in Titanium Backup. :)

9. maquina

maquina Member

I have a question regarding the browser in Liberty 1.5 also. I just rooted my phone and installed this ROM, so I'm totally new at this. My problem is when I'm browsing this Forum and I try to use the "Search this Thread" or "Search this Forum" button, my keyboard appears for me to type and then quickly disappears, making them impossible to use. Is this just me or is this normal for this ROM?

Other than this small issue so for I'm loving being rooted and using this ROM.