• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to Liberty - browser question

The AOSP browser is the one with the (+/-) buttons. They suck. I recommend to nandroid back to stock, copy Browser.apk from system/app/ onto your sdcard, nandroid back to your ROM, then copy over Browser.apk in system/app with the one you just put on your sdcard. Success!

Or save yourself some time and get it from here..

Droid X Default Applications - ChadHaney.com

Tried this with the files from the link provided, with both the Browser.apk and Browser.Odex (renamed to Browser.apk) and neither will show up in my app tray after putting them in my /System/App folder, even after a reboot.

Upvote 0
Get on apex 1.4 and use the toolbox

Thanks, that worked. However, I lost all my bookmarks. :(

Anyone know what the bookmarks are under for the Motorola Blur Browser? I'm sure I must have it backed up with Titanium Backup somewhere. :p

Edit: NVM, I just had to do a Restore for Data on my Browser Bookmarks in Titanium Backup. :)

Upvote 0
I have a question regarding the browser in Liberty 1.5 also. I just rooted my phone and installed this ROM, so I'm totally new at this. My problem is when I'm browsing this Forum and I try to use the "Search this Thread" or "Search this Forum" button, my keyboard appears for me to type and then quickly disappears, making them impossible to use. Is this just me or is this normal for this ROM?

Other than this small issue so for I'm loving being rooted and using this ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones