• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to me Vibrant

Hi everyone, just bought a Vibrant off of CL. I got it unlocked and it seems to be running well off of AT&T. I had a few questions though.

1) Whenever it is in the sleep/standby mode it will randomly flash on. I won't get any new emails or txt messages but it does stay on for a while until the screen timeout period ends

2) It does display a "Refreshing SIM data" message at the bottomish area every few minutes. Is this normal or is this an AT&T thing...

3) I was able to reset everything from going to the Settings>privacy>factory data reset but the instructions for a hard reset of "turning on the phone while holding down the volume down button" did not work. Has anyone been able to pull this off?

All in all I'm pretty jazzed about the phone. I like the Swype typing a lot as well as the overall speed and app installs. I'm coming from a work iPhone and an old school bar phone that could only call and txt. My wife has a iPhone4 and even though the facetime feature is nice I still don't like the restrictiveness of Apple products <-----PC IT guy here.

Mide, welcome to the forum. I've never seen any of the anomalies you have mentioned with my Vibrant on Tmobile. It has been many years since I have been with ATT so can't help you there. You may be right it might be an ATT thing.

I too am happy with the Vibrant. It will only get better with Froyo and the upcoming updates from Samsung. If you are a PC guy I think you will enjoy the November issue of Maximum PC. There is an excellent article about Android vs Apple vs Blackberry deathmatch. Check it out.

Enjoy. :)

Upvote 0
Thank you Robo. Yeah I also have my money on AT&T as the cause of some of the odd issues that appear. It's all worth it though...I do like the phone a lot. I have a case coming my way as well.

One of the few subscriptions that I get are MaximumPC and CPU :) Thanks for that heads up...I'll look forward to the article.

Upvote 0
Thank you Robo. Yeah I also have my money on AT&T as the cause of some of the odd issues that appear. It's all worth it though...I do like the phone a lot. I have a case coming my way as well.

One of the few subscriptions that I get are MaximumPC and CPU :) Thanks for that heads up...I'll look forward to the article.

Hint: I think we all know which OS wins! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones