1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to Metro, considering this phone...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brittanyx0, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Brittanyx0

Brittanyx0 Lurker

Hi all, was wondering if anyone had some advice.
    I just got out of my Sprint contract that I had a HTC Hero with, and I'm so glad to say goodbye.
    Then I got a HTC Wildfire with Cox, but they were way too expensive ($150 a month 2 phones 800 mins, text and one web plan) and I got no coverage so I cancled before my 30 days were up, plus I wasn't too impressed with the phone.

So I'm thinking about going to Metro, I hate being tied into a plan. I want to be able to get a new phone when I want, and I love how cheap Metro seems. I'm just wondering if you guys are pleased, what down falls there are, and pluses.

Mainly though my question is about the two phones I can't decide against...
    My boyfriend has the Optimus S and likes it a lot so I figured the Optimus M is probably just like it...
    But I also like the Samsung Admire, I like the color, and the lady said it's on Gingerbread. My boyfriends Optimus S updated to Gingerbread, is Metro's version not updating? She made is seem like the Optimus is still a operating system behind, but she may have been just trying to sell a more exspensive phone.

Also I read that the Admire has gorilla glass, which is something I liked from a previous phone, I don't like glass, it breaks to easy, I broke one in less than a month. Does Optimus have glass or plastic?
    I also want a phone that runs smooth I hate, hateeee, hateeeee lagging.

Also can you save apps to your Micro SD card with both phones? My Hero you couldn't?

Basically any advice is welcome. If there is really no difference I rather save myself $30 and just get the Optimus M... Thanks for reading. :D
    Oh also anyone know if Metro has any cameras with flash? Seems like no...

Advertisement

2. aaronmy

aaronmy Android Enthusiast

The LG Esteem is a great device but overpriced. Also metro's 3G is very slow. I only have 1x. With that 1x on a speed test i got 0.12 up and down. But the Admire is great the 3G speeds is the only down i got from the Admire.

LG Esteem (MetroPCS Launching LG Esteem in October | PhoneNews.com)

3. morgankslade

morgankslade Android Expert

For Brittanyx0
    I had and was pleased with LG Optimus M 2.2.2 for first 5 months with MPCS. I happily left Sprint. It was slow 1x, with wifi it was better. Wanted to root, but it was a big headache, sooo....I did an inexpensive upgrade and bought the red Samsung Admire 2.3.4 Gingerbread that I root without problems in less than 2 minutes, also has 800mhz Processor and LG was 600mhz. On Quadrant Standard my Admire is ranked above Galaxy S at 1022, with Optimus I was below Moto Droid at 423. Yes this one can handle Apps 2 SD app. Neither have a flash. Gorilla glass is good. So there is a difference. Go Samsung.

4. JeepTruckG

JeepTruckG Lurker

I've been on metro's service for about two years now and have not had a single problem with their service. I had the huawei and now the admire. I have to say that there is a world of difference between the two. I'd say that the admire is the way to go. I'ts still new but I'm sure there will be someone developing custom roms for it soon and I'm looking forward to it. Not that there's anything wrong with it now.