1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to Motion - Should I get OTA Update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HuntronTracker, Dec 28, 2012.

1. HuntronTracker

Hey fellas, I've been lurking these forums for about a week before I decided on buying the Motion (between that and the new Galaxy Admire), so this is my first post in the Motion 4G forums :)

Here are my versions from the "about phone" section:

Android: 4.04
    Baseband: M8960A-AAAANAZM-1.0.09017
    Kernel: 3.08
    Build number: IMM761
    Software Version: MS77010c
    HW Version: 1.0

I keep getting a message requesting I update my phone, and I'm wondering whether it's better to keep my phone the version it is or go through with the update. I found a few users on these forums saying they lost some download speed after the update, but I'm not sure which update they're referring to.

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. There is only the one update. Some have reported issues with it, some haven't.
    If you aren't having any issues with the phone it's not necessary to do the update, and you should be able to disable the update app to kill the reminders (I think you can disable this one without root, not 100% sure).
    If you do choose to do the update it may be better to use the LG updater tool and download it from their website then apply it to the phone, this may give better results than doing the OTA through the phone.
    There are a few threads here discussing the update, here's one and you can search for more-
    http://androidforums.com/lg-motion-4g/662120-ota-update-changes-bugs.html

3. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Android Enthusiast

In on the new update (version D) and I don't see anything wrong

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews