• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to nexus / battery cover

Metasin_

Lurker
May 9, 2011
Hello!

I'm new to having a personal phone I'm used to having work phones only. Something about the nexus that I may like to change is the glossy back for a rubberized back. Does anyone know where I can find something like that? Not a rubberized case, but an actual battery cover replacement.

Good places to look for these items are appreciated. Also I wish i could find a good car mount designed for the nexus s 4g with a usb docking type solution like Verizon/Motorola has. Any idea's on that are appreciated too.

Hello!

I'm new to having a personal phone I'm used to having work phones only. Something about the nexus that I may like to change is the glossy back for a rubberized back. Does anyone know where I can find something like that? Not a rubberized case, but an actual battery cover replacement.

Good places to look for these items are appreciated. Also I wish i could find a good car mount designed for the nexus s 4g with a usb docking type solution like Verizon/Motorola has. Any idea's on that are appreciated too.

I haven't seen such an accessory. The problem that could arise if there were such an accessory would be the NFC chip within the phone. The chip is connected to the outside world through some electronics in the battery cover.

You may want to try getting the Invisible Shield from Zagg--it has a slightly textured feel and may reduce slipperiness.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones