1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips New to nexus / battery cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Metasin_, May 9, 2011.

1. Metasin_

Metasin_ Lurker
    None

May 9, 2011
    Hello!

I'm new to having a personal phone I'm used to having work phones only. Something about the nexus that I may like to change is the glossy back for a rubberized back. Does anyone know where I can find something like that? Not a rubberized case, but an actual battery cover replacement.

Good places to look for these items are appreciated. Also I wish i could find a good car mount designed for the nexus s 4g with a usb docking type solution like Verizon/Motorola has. Any idea's on that are appreciated too.

Advertisement

2. lanny84

lanny84 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2011
    I haven't seen such an accessory. The problem that could arise if there were such an accessory would be the NFC chip within the phone. The chip is connected to the outside world through some electronics in the battery cover.

You may want to try getting the Invisible Shield from Zagg--it has a slightly textured feel and may reduce slipperiness.

Hope this helps.

3. piaa_nissan

piaa_nissan Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Do a search for "Nexus Plasti-dip" and you'll find a great way to make this happen plus it's reversible down the road if you sell it.

4. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Hybla Valley, Va
Tags: