• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Nexus One, a few quick questions

yodjone

Lurker
Mar 6, 2010
Hey. I'm new to nexus one, having been an N95 user for several years, and also going through numerus iphones but always reselling, i was quite excited to hear about the Nexus one, with its voice recognition and all, though i found it to be a bit innacurate with the british accent for alot of words, i still think its a great phone and excels over the iphone in many departments

I was a fan of the old style keypad/button phones, after all being able to just 'feel for the button' was always a plus as i could text with one hand through the kaypad system, anyway i've finally made the switch and think i will do it long term with the nexus one, just a few quick questions

1) does anyone know if there will be a gesture based system on 1 letter words for sending SMS, ie a box and the bottom of the screen and you write one letter at a time into it as if you was writing a letter into it, I know there is a google version of this for search but does anyone know if there is any apps for a gesture based SMS app?

2) is there anything that can mod the icons so they will appear with 1/2/3 in red in the corner of them to show how many new messages you have? ie. iphone style notification in the corner of an icon

kind regards if anyone can shed any light!!

1) does anyone know if there will be a gesture based system on 1 letter words for sending SMS, ie a box and the bottom of the screen and you write one letter at a time into it as if you was writing a letter into it, I know there is a google version of this for search but does anyone know if there is any apps for a gesture based SMS app?

Not yet, but I highly recommend Swype.

2) is there anything that can mod the icons so they will appear with 1/2/3 in red in the corner of them to show how many new messages you have? ie. iphone style notification in the corner of an icon

Search the market for "unread SMS count." Provides widget for messaging and gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones