1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New to Razr - Still undecided :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lepruk86, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Lepruk86

Lepruk86 Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Student and Tech-assistant
    England
    Howdy all;

I decided to finally take the plunge with not only smart-phones - But Androids too. Just upgraded from a Nokia 5800 (yeah... that's how behind I am!).

I was torn between the Razr and the GSII but ended up deciding to try this one first.

I personally really like the feel/look of the phone but I want to use it mainly for Apps/games (I have a lot of legit downtime in my job).

I have installed a few and they seem to run pretty well (Tiny tower and Battleheart thus far) though BH did lock up once.

I am using the App. closer app too to ensure it remains running smooth...

Anyway I guess I am kind of rambling; I am cautiously excited and really am not sure if I made the right choice with the razr.

I have read countless reviews / comments that seem to nay say the razr as being the slowest of the top smart phones and that the S2 is much quicker. Is this just because the razr needs the ICS update? Or is their a genuine slowness to the hardware?

I am not hating on the phone; as said I personally really like it; just want to make sure I have signed onto the right deal as if it's going to be useless in just 3 months or so; then maybe worth the change to the S2 or wait for the nexus?

Thanks and happy new year all :)

Advertisement

2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    Moto hardware and radios are arguably the best in the industry. If you are happy with your choice and you like being able to use your phone for a phone you made a great choice.

Lepruk86 likes this.
  3. Goldchamp

Goldchamp Grand Admiral
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    East Texas
    Two people I work with that got the Nexus that have returned them. One went back to his Razr, the other hasn't decided yet. Being a Razr owner and having owned almost every phone out there, the Razr is one if not the best phone available from any carrier.

4. Lepruk86

Lepruk86 Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Student and Tech-assistant
    England
    Yeah I honestly think the internet ruins things sometimes.

It was honestly a whim buy. As said I had wanted a smart phone for a long time but i'm a patient person. I didn't want to pay what I considered to be over-price and I wanted to wait for one that actually grabbed me.

And these two phones certainly did that in a big way.

I think I honestly will keep it; I am so impressed with it at the moment. It's just that you know what the net is like; people niggling over little things and 0.001 of seconds speed difference; its hard to forget how insignificant some of that stuff is for the average user.

I also read that Motorola are bad at updating their OS... but then again does that honestly really matter to the average user?... I am guessing not really.

5. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Not bad, as much as cautious. They have already updated the current GB on the Razr and would expect ICS to be on the devices in March (late).

Lepruk86 likes this.
  6. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2010

Other than the Nexus devices Motorola is the fastest to update their devices by far with Samsung easily being the slowest. The Razr is the best device out IMO with the Rezound second. You have an excellent device. Enjoy it and don't worry about those who say other devices are faster. The Razr is easily one of the fastest devices out and regularly scores higher in synthetic benchmarks. But in the end none of that matters, it only matters if the performance meets your needs.

Lepruk86 likes this.