• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root new to root (like that isnt a common subject...)

icomeanon

Jan 18, 2010
Northeastern Ohio
ok, so i was good with the leak, but then i experienced a few hardware problems and had to get a replacement eris. well, now im rooting this beasty, tryin to overclock it. the guides have been helpful and clear on getting to this point, but now im stuck

of the multiple roms out there, very few of them actually list what's available. i wanted as few as possible of the stock apps (peep, amazon, footprints, all that garbage gone), overclock, 5-7 screens, and for it to do my taxes, change my timing belt, and book flights for me all at once, but can't seem to find out.

right now ive got home, senseui, and nexus launcher loaded up on here, using senseui cause that's what im used to. nexus launcher seems to be...well...a resource hog that this phone cant handle without overclocking.

sorry for the rookie-ness.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones