• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to root, New to problems

ditoh1

Lurker
Oct 5, 2010
Hey guys, I am new to the community and tried rooting my Moment with Froyo.
Yes, it is true, the phone is surprisingly faster and better....but I have a couple of problems.

First off, I can't mount my SD card. Doesn't come up at all on the phone, nor my computer.

Second problem, Well this one was going on before the rooting/roming was made. I use an extended battery, but the system doesn't recognize it as a "Approved Battery", which does not let me charge the phone unless its fully off. In order for this to work, I need to remove the battery, connect the charger, insert the battery and then let it charge as its off.

Any and All help is extremely appreciated!

-ditoh1

Not being able to mount the sd card would be a deal breaker for me. Have you tried another card to make sure your card is good?

I'd try to reflash to stock and then try the rom again or even try a different rom. I have to have the sd card on mine because I listen to music all day from it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones