1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root New to rooting and have few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droid747, Oct 1, 2011.

1. droid747

droid747 Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    I have never rooted my phone before, but I am not scared to do it or anything. Just not sure if I want to root yet but I had a few questions in case I do.

First off, my thunderbolt is on the original stock software, pre MR1 update. I never updated to MR1 cause of all the issues and when MR2 was released, I declined it as my phone was working perfectly except for the slow gps lock which I didn't mind as I have a garmin gps that I use over my phone.

First question is does the nandroid backup backup the kernal along with the stock rom I am currently running when I run the backup?

Second, I know nandroid backups do not backup the radios, how do I backup my original radios as I get awsome 3g and 4g speeds on them and would like to be able to go back to them if I decide to revert back to my stock 2.2.1 rom if I don't like gingerbread as much.

Third, what is the best method to root an original pre MR1 thunderbolt. I would like the ooption to remove the root if I ever had to send in my phone for warranty work.

Thanks for your time looking at this thread.

Advertisement