• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new to rooting.. help!

Hey guys! Moto Droid user here. I'm new to the website, and I'm brand new to rooting, like literally new. Just started reading about it last night. I just received the OTA 2.2 update on my phone about 2 days ago. I really want to set my phone to resemble the HTC Sense UI. I work in mobile, and I have a dealer line with a Droid Incredible, which I love. However, I can't afford to pay 2 phone bills, or a $375 termination fee for my original droid, being a college student. So I've decided to give the Incredible back. So I did some research about how I could get my phone to look like the HTC UI. I think I want to root my phone so I can do that, but I have no idea how. So, I came to who I think are the experts, you guys! Can anyone give me some info on how to root my Droid 2.2 and set up the HTC interface? Also, if anyone knows if this is going to cost anything, that would be wonderful :) hopefully that wasn't too confusing, but I could really use the help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones