1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root New To Rooting, Need Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asoria51x, May 18, 2011.

1. asoria51x

asoria51x Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Security System Operator
    Los Angeles, CA
    So I rooted my Droid 2 (first time rooter) and I can't find a wireless tethering app. I would also like to know how to install ROMS. Is there a forum I can read with all noob rooter instructions? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. reinert012

reinert012 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    Hello! Welcome to the Rooted forums.

I would read this forum and save it under your favorites for sure:

Droid 2 Android Development - xda-developers

More specifically check out these posts:
    Droid 2 Information Directory - Look Here for Important Threads - xda-developers

My first rooted phone was an Eris, and man there were TONS of ROMs to install and i had to root the hard way with cmd prompts and such..pain in the butt, but on the D2 there are only a handful. I recommended using Fission 2.5.7, great ROM: [ROM]Fission 2.5.7 Droid2 - Vanilla Generic Android - AOSP Like - Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers

You also need to get Droid 2 Bootstrap so you may boot into recovery to flash your ROMs. Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap | AppBrain Android Market

It costs 2.00 but I am not sure if there is a free .apk out there, and if there is..well its probably illegal. I do not mind giving $2.00 for something so needed and flawless.

If you have any other quesitons that arent in the forum link or on here feel free to post here or PM me!

CorpAv8r and asoria51x like this.
  3. shahm0nsterr

shahm0nsterr Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Search google for "wireless tether apk"
    Verizon removed it from the market on their phones.

CorpAv8r likes this.
  4. ibizian

ibizian Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Can you tell this soon to be rooter the method you used to root your phone. I have read so many posts on it they all jumble across many dates and no dont use this one use this one and now I am all confused. So as I am now one step behind you how about a push up!!??

Second related question. Which version of rooting will ensure you never have to follow this line :mad: "wipe data/factory reset" :mad:

I can't afford to be at that point in my droid life. Think of all the crap I would have to take from my wife if I had to admit I didn't "root" my droid but another 4 letter worded my droid!!

Aloha and happy rooting!

5. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Permanent Root with z4root will not require a reset of your phone. Just make sure you reboot the phone before trying to Permanent Root, otherwise it might take two attempts.