1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root new to rooting what can i do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by superman11, Mar 9, 2011.

1. superman11

superman11 Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    ok so my friend has rooted his phones before (hero before, evo now) and when i got my evo he said i had to root mine. so i agreed, he rooted it and i am now running fresh, and not root related i have downloaded adw.launcher and black adw theme. but what can i do now that i have a rooted phone? what should i do? im kind of lost lol i went from a blackberry curve to an evo.

Advertisement

2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    First thing I would do it read the Rooting for Dummies sticky at the top of the forum. It will give you alot of info as far as what has been done and what things you can do now. It will also help you understand the steps you will need to use to make any changes to your phone now that you have set it free so to speak :)

After that, you can look around and see if there are any mods or roms you want to try out. If you still have questions about doing the flashing, just ask.

3. madflasher

madflasher Member
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    yes. possibilities are endless you can customize the shit out of it. fresh is an excellent rom to start with its low maintenance, updates, automatically... after reading up on stuff just make sure to nand back-up that stable rom, so you can go back to it if something goes wrong.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    Welcome to the forum!!!!! and congrats on joining the ranks of the rooted!
    like xtremedays has said, the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies.html guide will be your best friend. there is a wealth of information there that will help you out in the rooted world. also this forum is awesome. there are so many people here that are willing to help out. so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Tags: