• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New to rooting

blyford

Aug 26, 2010
Ok so as the topic title says im new. I've had my x about a month. I've also been rooting or at least attempting to for two days now. I failed at the manual install and did the one click room successfully...
Then the problem came. I downloaded the 2.2 zip and failed epicly at installing it. Bricked my phone and spent all day trying to fix it. I don't think im dumb but im new lol and was looking for some pointers. I really want 2.2 and to be able to customize and do anything i want but am nervous at doing so. If anyone wants to give me any better idea on what i should do to install 2.2 let me know.

how did you go abouut installing it? and what exactly happened?

what is the status of your phone now? if it is stuck on the moto logo screen, you may need to flash it back to 2.1 using the .sbf floating around out there. there are tons of threads on this recently.

or, you can try booting into recovery (home + power, then hit search when the recovery screen pops up) and try to re-install the update.zip.

if you can be a bit more specific about what happened/what is happening now, i am sure we can help you out of it.

Upvote 0
Reactions: blyford
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones