• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to S6 - General Questions

Lacit1707

May 31, 2011
Didnt see a general questions type forum for the s6, so figured ill start this..

came from the S4 to the S6 and phone set up seems very different....anyone know if you can change the lower left button from the "task manager" to the general settings info button like it used to be?

they essentially took away a button and made it the task manager when on the old phone you just hold the home button and that brought up the task manager....

The functions of the softkeys are locked in. There are apps that can switch the existing functions between the left and right keys, but barring root, I doubt if you can find a solution. Even root might not work.

thats disappointing...so, only way to get to phone settings is to have the app button on your screen?

also, when in an app, i used to be able to hit the left "softkey" to pull up the app menu/options.... how is this done now?

Upvote 0
The functions of the softkeys are locked in. There are apps that can switch the existing functions between the left and right keys, but barring root, I doubt if you can find a solution. Even root might not work.

thats disappointing...so, only way to get to phone settings is to have the app button on your screen?

also, when in an app, i used to be able to hit the left "softkey" to pull up the app menu/options.... how is this done now?

Upvote 0
You can also download a new launcher that will allow you to customize those features like how many clicks on the home button to access certain thing or even screen gestures to access the settings. That's about all I know of for anything close to what you're looking for. I sure hope that helps and here is a link to one I use that is Great.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones