1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to Samsung Galaxy S III

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Camobaby13, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Camobaby13

Camobaby13 Member

Hello everyone, :) I am Tiffany, I am new to the Samsung Galaxy S III so can you all give me some pointers? I came to android from the iPhone 4S/5 and went to the LG Optimus G (there is no cute cases for this phone so I returned it) Any tips or advice is appreciated :D

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Welcome to the forums, Tiffany! :hello:
    That's quite a broad question you have there. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Camobaby13 likes this.
  3. Camobaby13

Camobaby13 Member

i lost all my contacts, they was on the at&t thingie and now their done :(

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Did you have an android phone before the s3?
    EDIT sorry just read your post again. Youre contacts are probably saved in google. When you turned the phone on, did u put the same gmail address and password in as you had on the LG?

Camobaby13 likes this.
  5. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

When you login into Google, your contacts are automatically synced with Google, unless you disabled the sync features. On any Android phone you migrate to, the contacts are always restored as soon as you log into your Google account.

Camobaby13 likes this.
  6. Camobaby13

Camobaby13 Member

the LG was an adroid, it was ice cream sandwhich, i never save any contacts to my gmail, even though it synced. I always had them save to AT&T it popped up when i first started the phone but i missed it. my other question is how do you make it not announce you have an email when recieved when the phone is locked? i was sleeping and it woke me up

also how do i make it so i can save battery life ive only been up for an hour n its already down to 90%

7. ldivinag

ldivinag Well-Known Member

where did you buy the phone from?

when i got my first android phone from best buy, they transferred my contacts using their special "black box" for free.

so if you still have your iPhone up and running, just without service, see if where you got your S3 to do that.

as for battery life, usually it takes about 3-4 full charge/discharge cycles to bring it to its fullest.

if you are not lasting say 24 hours you have a run away process running and eating up all the juice.

for me, it was an app called MEDIA SERVER that kept the phone awake. unfortunately, for me, a complete reboot from factory defaults was the only way to kill this...

Camobaby13 likes this.
  8. Camobaby13

Camobaby13 Member

I actually left the Samsung S3 and went back to my lg optimums g :)

9. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

While on the LG if you get your contacts into G-Mail, you can go back to the S3 and it will sync.

Camobaby13 and funkylogik like this.
  10. Camobaby13

Camobaby13 Member

I didnt care for the s3 much :/ love the lg tho :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews