1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New to Smartphone. M886

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lordcorwin, Jan 30, 2014.

1. lordcorwin

lordcorwin Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Was a Smartphone holdout.. Enjoying the Huawei M886 Mercury. A science guy that finally gave in to Smart instead of dumb phone technology knowing it would increase my productivity for school,work,Life and I can geekout and get a lightsaber app. I liked my dumbphone ok? Know now it's going to take weeks or more for me to become One with my phone. Studying what apps I require that work together as you would want on a computer. Bought a Huawei M886 Mercury online for my Cricket acct. Too cool love the phone so far.. Seems fast... I'm looking into overclocking it. Best friend has a iphone he's all you'll come around. I'm all for Apple Anything Forever. However I got a Jammin Huawei phone for $100.us (If you haven't heard of Huawei you will) Still Great apps work with the OS... I Pay $47.00 a month. Told him do the math numnutz be all happy with your admittedly sweet phone and 2 years agreement Again good man good onya. I Love the Latest Stuff too but first going to spend a year maybe more with my M886 if the relationship goes well... We will have unexcepted robot children who knows/ Cheers! LordCorwin

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello lordcorwin. Welcome to smartphones and Android Forums. I think you will find more dependency on your smartphone as time passes. They go far beyond a novel toy and quickly become a sharp tool to have by your side. To find harmony with your new Mercury I suggest you check out the discussion area we have for them. The area is dedicated to improving one's experience with the Mercury and should prove a great read for you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the group of Mercury users. They are friendly and enjoy helping one another max out their phone experience. Here is a link to that area: Huawei Mercury - Android Forums
    Have fun and thanks for choosing these forums. I hope they serve you well.

3. Kaat72

Kaat72 Guest
    None
    Welcome to our online Android Nuthouse Lord Corwin :vroam:

4. stevew220

stevew220 Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2014
    lord corwin, I have had my mercury for a little while too. if you are interested in upgrading the OS I found an ICS upgrade that was intended for the PAYGO model of the m886 that was sold by radio shack.

it is easy to do (runs from the sdcard after you copy it to it) and does NOT require you to root to install it. I installedit, then rooted my mercury. everything is working perfectly.

here is the link to the download. be advised though, I do not think this can be undone, so be sure you want to run ICS.
    DepositFiles