1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to smartphones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Picturecrazed, May 18, 2011.

1. Picturecrazed

Picturecrazed Lurker

I LOVE my new Thunderbolt but I was wondering why the clock always says a different city..one that I've never been to! LOL

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Welcome to Android Forums!!

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Usually the clock does that when the phone is having an issue trying to accurately determine it's location. If you enable GPS on the phone does this change the symptom?

4. Steven58

Glad you signed up!

5. thorthunderblt

thorthunderblt Android Enthusiast

6. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member

Hi there picturecrazed...ditto on the warm messages from the welcoming committee!

I think you'll find much to love about your thunderbolt, the android platform, and the android forums!! One of those things, however, will probably not be having an all-the-time accurate read on your location on the htc clock/weather widget. :) This works through your google location service - which you should have turned on if you want the location shown - and it is a well known bug across all android phones, not just htc. So, most of the time you'll be seeing your home town or current location...other times you'll wake up somewhere in Asia, Europe, or South Africa! Enjoy the exotic nature of it all I guess....and, fwiw, "they" are continuing to try to get this right.

All the best as you explore your new toy!!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews