1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to tft101 questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by antron007, Apr 21, 2012.

1. antron007

antron007 Newbie

Hey all. Ive had my 101 for a week and now im thinking of rooting. It updated to 9.2.1.17 right after i got it all set up and its great but i like being able to make backups . I keep seeing this term cornerstone and that some roms have it and some dont. What is cornerstone? Does the ics root in the sticky work with 9.2.1.17? I see its dated February so im not sure how up to speed i am. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. antron007

antron007 Newbie

Ok i now know what cornerstone is. Cool but not that important to me at the moment.

I tried the ics root link in the sticky (windows version) and it doesnt work for me. Im not sure i have the right drivers maybe?

I have adb installed and it will pull my serial no and get-state. Itll even reboot the device.

The script doesnt create or push any of the files or dir that its supposed to. Ive rooted my droid1 and dx2 so im not a complete idiot but this is starting to frustrate me a bit. I just want to root and get clockwork recovery installed so i can try out some roms.

Anyone have any ideas or know of another way to root 9.2.1.17?

3. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Android Enthusiast

This thread over at XDA is the best source that I have found for rooting. I had ICS when I rooted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1494230&highlight=epic+noob

Be cautious of the of which CWM you install. If you use the recovery installer app to install, it should include Team Rogue recovery. It allows you to flash roms from your external SD card. Others can only flash roms from internal memory. I personally don't like the inconvenience of those recoveries.

4. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Android Enthusiast

I suggest after reading all the steps you view the general sections in XDA. Many people have issues with rooting and flashing on this tablet because they don't research enough and everyday there are 5-10 new threads with people having the same issues. In most cases it's an issue with the recovery they installed.

I've owned the tablet for about three months. I've run Codename and now I'm running AOKP B31. B33 has issues for tablets at the moment so I wouldn't recommend it.

My pointers for this tablet:

I'm one of the unlucky ones that has the version that doesn't have an NVflash (restore factory ASUS rom) option so I'm very cautious. If your tablet is new, chances are high that you are in the same category as me.

The cornerstone stuff sounds nice but not necessary in my opinion.

ROM manager should be deleted if it's on your tablet. It doesn't work well with this tablet.

Most of the ICS ROMs are virtually identical. Sure they have certain features but even with my Gnex, AOKP adds all the custom settings that I need.

I prefer Team Rogue recovery. I don't understand why the other recoveries only flash ROMs from internal memory.

Good luck!

5. antron007

antron007 Newbie

Thanks for the reply. Ill definitely check that info out but i just got root via this

http://hdfpga.blogspot.com/2012/04/one-click-root-for-asus-transformer-101.html
    http://hdfpga.blogspot.com/2012/04/one-click-root-for-asus-transformer-101.html

It appears to use nacho root.

I tried using option 3 a couple of times with no success then I tried option 1 and it did the trick.

I haven't installed cwm yet but i purchased rom manager way back in my d1 days so I have the app installed but yet to run it since I rooted. Im researching that now because of all I've read about it so far.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews