• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
Phoenix
OK, so I'm unsure if any of you are from some of the other threads that I've been on since joining this Forum site but I'm sure you will get to know me well enough. Now onto where I came from and why I'm here. So I started off with the HTC Droid Eris. Yeah remember THOSE days?! Then I went to the HTC Thunderbolt. Best phone EVER!! Only stupid thing with that phone was the charging port was on the same side that the phone rested on when the kickstand was in use. OK, so from there I left Verizon and ended up with the Photon 4G with Sprint. Great phone I think. Came back to Verizon to the Droid Bionic. I loved that phone, but it had issues in the long term. Got the Razr Maxx.....love that phone minus the sluggishness after JellyBean got to the phone. Also the lack of accessory support from Verizon since the Razr HD and Maxx HD came out. I came to the DNA by way of the offer from Best Buy to get the phone for free with a new line or contract. Hmm, an extra 30 bucks a month over 2 years or 600 bucks outright? You get the idea right?

OK, so as you now know I came from the Razr Maxx and the battery life on that phone outweighs the life on the DNA. Now I know I won't get that out of the DNA and I don't really want it to be honest. I'd like to get close and want to know what tips or tricks there are to extend the battery life with the DNA. I don't use GPS, WiFi, Maps, YouTube, Music, or even Videos on my phone. I mostly hop on Facebook a couple times a day for about 5 minutes a piece, the same with Twitter, and mostly I text. Like most of the day everyday I text. I play a couple game like Candy Crush and The Simpsons but not for long. I'd also like to know what the best accessories that are out there for the DNA. I've looked and I've seen some that I like but for those of you that have had the phone for awhile, I'd really like to hear from you.

I'm a full time online college student and a little league baseball coach, I don't work so I don't need something super protective but I would like something that is protective enough and that will last. I had the otter box for the Bionic, and not only the otter box but the ballistic for the Maxx. I would like to have a side mounted desk dock because I would then use it for a clock on my night stand. I loved it for my Bionic. Anyways, you guys get the idea. This phone is amazing and I'm in love with it. Any further advice you would like to offer would be AWESOME!!

I too had the Bionic and now I'm on the DNA. I couldn't recommend a good case as I just picked up a cheap holster I found (not sure of the brand) which is leather but nothing special. I'm careful with my phones so I don't need too much protection but I was thinking about the Defender (Otterbox) just cause they are supposed to be really good. So far I can't complain about battery life cause with a little YouTube, a lot of browsing, ebooks and phone calls I get through at least 24 hours on a charge. I think it helps to use WiFi when using the internet instead of 4G but then turn it off when not using internet related tasks. Other than that all I can say is this phone is a beast!! :)

Upvote 0
The phone is amazing. I'm so blown away and have been wondering to myself why I ever left HTC? I love Motorola and Samsung. In fact I hate to say it but this phone is what I'm using to get me thru until January when I can upgrade and get the S4. I need that phone because of my coaching. But anyways, I so very much love this phone. And I ordered 2 cases from Amazon. One has a plastic case with rubber around it and it has a kickstand to boot. It's very much like the Otterbox only without the screen cover and belt clip. I take really great careful care of my phones as well but you never know of that one time it slips. I had that happen with my Eris. Took the case off for one day and instead of it slipping into my front pocket it hits the road and shatters the screen. It was usable minus the screen shards in my fingers until a month later I was able to get the Thunderbolt.

I would recommend going on amazon and ordering a case because the defender series otter box is seriously cheaper on there. I think below 30 bucks. Have to count for shipping but it should come out cheaper than 50 in the store.

Upvote 0
are you having issues with your otterbox not fitting very well near the bottom? so far mine fits perfect on the top, mid - botton of the screen it is raised off of the actual screen and you have to apply small amount of force to use it.

are you having this issue?

I don't think so... Typing on it now. The whole screen seems to need a little extra pressure but its manageable. I think I'll get used to it. The bottom does not seem any worse than the top though.

Upvote 0
I really like the phone too. The only drawbacks are the battery and sim card. The battery should last longer & be removable. There should be an external sim. (nothing new here).
My contribution is a case. I originally got an Otterbox and hated it. I just didn't like the front shield. I returned it and got a Seidio Active. I love it. It's a little bulky, but provides a lot of protection. I constantly drop the phone due to a medical condition. I've had the phone for 4 months and w/o the case it looks brand new. I've dropped it on every surface from carpet to tile and not even a scratch. The case is great. It even comes in red, that matches the phone perfectly. The company has different models that offer varying amounts of protection. They also have a belt clip that locks the phone in place. For those of you that miss the kickstand from the Thunderbolt(like me), the Active has a metal one. As you can tell, I really like the case.

Upvote 0
yeah the top portion of mine fits perfectly, the bottom however isn't snug at all!

I took the Otterbox off my DNA... I'm keeping the case for the rare circumstance where I may need the rugged protection but for everyday use it's just too difficult to interact with the screen. I'm disappointed. Right now just using a leather holster till I find something I like.

Upvote 0
The so called 3 piece case on amazon that has a kickstand is pretty good. No screen covering but other than that it's very durable. And it's not difficult to take on and off. It's pretty cheap too. I've got another version of it coming along with a regular case and 2 different types of screen protectors all for under 28 bucks with shipping thru amazon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones