• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the forums and the Droid X!!!!!

Whats up peoples. I've been a blackberry user for a long time and decided to jump ship and switch to the Droid X. Hopefully it should be in the mail this week sometime. I've been trolling around the forums for awhile here, just looking at tips and tricks and ways that I can get the most out of my phone.
I think the biggest challenge I face is learning a completely new OS. The Droid X seems to be kinda confusing with the different ways to use apps and the terminology. But it looks like a sick phone and Im going to do what ever it takes to learn it and be able to take advantage of all the things it can do.

SOOO, any suggestions on the FIRST thing to do when I take it out of the box. As far as saving battery life, useful apps, setting up the different home screens and whatever else. And what the heck is Froyo and what are widgets???!! lol. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones