• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the forums, not so much to Android:)

BrianW07

Lurker
Jul 29, 2010
Hello everybody. Name is Brian. I've gone through many, many different smartphones in the last three years, from blackberry to android. My first smart phone was a BlackBerry 8330 on Verizon wireless. I had that phone for about a year or so, when I went to the 9530. Shortly after I went to the BB 9630. From there, I went to AT&T and grabbed an iPhone 3GS. I really liked the iPhone, especially when I was able to jailbreak it and use the phone to its "fuller" potential. While on AT&T I purchased an unlocked Nexus One from Google. (AT&T Version had not yet been out) I kept the phone for about a month, disliked the fact that I was only able to use EDGE, and sold it for a profit (believe it or not) My main thing with the iPhone is the applications. I'm sorry, but I LOVE some of them (so does my daughter, so maybe thats what it is LOL)

Fast forward to June. I wasn't happy about even my year-old 3GS being left in the dust when it came to some of the new features on the iPhone 4. While not many, the sour taste was still there. I went back to Verizon wireless and got the DROID. The DI was there, but I'm impatient and did not want to wait. My personal experiences with Android began to grow. And the DROID, became a bit slow to me. So, I'm with the DX currently and couldn't be happier. I've it rooted, and hoping somebody can get around eFuse!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones