1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to the forums

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by modFTW, Apr 14, 2012.

1. modFTW

modFTW Lurker

help?... currently running bloods ctmod 3.5 and KK 2.4 and i was wondering if anyone could give me some basic info on how to make my own custom theme thanks in advance.. :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

J6Remy and Guspeed and I should be able to answer a few questions.
    Get stuck? PM me.

3. J6Remy

J6Remy Android Enthusiast

Starting here will give some basic know-how. But you'll still need more..
    [GUIDE] Want to learn how to theme? - xda-developers

Themeing is one of those things that gets a little easier with a lot of practice. Modding/themeing are very time consuming and require more reading than what most people assume. The most important thing you are gonna be doing is reading and tinkering around. I find it relaxing.. Here is what I mainly use to make my themes

The following:

7-zip. will carry you into themeing and save you the hassle of signature problems within apk files.

A good program like Gimp, Photoshop, or Paint.net to modify/change colors of icons and whatnot.

A text editor, I use Notepad++ to edit scripts

UOT Kitchen will cook up a theme for you, to use the kitchen, you'll need your favorite ROMs framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk.

To do most of the modifications, there is no need to extract a zip, when using 7Zip, open the zip as an archive instead of extracting.

This little tutorial will point you into the right direction. Remember, these words..Read, Read, and Read some more! Use Google, it is your friend and don't crash UOT Kitchen's servers like daisflaque did.. :D

-J6

DaisFlaque and modFTW like this.
  4. modFTW

modFTW Lurker

Ty for all the advice and taking the time to post your reply I will be working and reading on my custom theme now :D

5. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Lol! That shit's funny as hell!! :p

DaisFlaque likes this.
  6. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Hey modFTW, welcome to the theming world, if you ever need any help I'll be around to lend an ear and a helping hand, I'm not an expert on this stuff but I have learned a lot when it came to making my first theme, so hit me up with a PM if you ever need help with something... :D

7. modFTW

modFTW Lurker

alright thx man

8. Guspeed

Guspeed Android Expert

sorry Mod, din't see your post till now was kind of busy yesterday, if you know what I mean... LOL

any questns, any doubts just press the RED FX button!!! LOL

9. DaisFlaque

and don't crash UOT Kitchen's servers like daisflaque did.. :D

-J6

Oh thanks J6 that's real nice. Lmao!!

10. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

If you want to just add color.
    You can always use the ultimate online theme kitchen.
    Just Google it.
    It'll just give you a base of color.
    But you can always go back and add more to the theme.

11. DaisFlaque

Yeah they are still hating on me..?? idk Why...

12. modFTW

modFTW Lurker

I got a ? Would I have to mess with .XML and making a .9png?

13. DaisFlaque

not if you just want a lil color you need to if you want to mess with text color and stuff

14. modFTW

modFTW Lurker

Alright so the main thing is pulling the drawable apks and editing them right?

15. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

For the most part yeah, depending on what you're trying to accomplish at the time...

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews