1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to the HTC One M8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gingersnapgirl, Sep 20, 2014.

1. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Android Enthusiast

Hi everyone, I recently lost my Moto X, and for reasons too many to name, I decided to replace it with the HTC One M8. I'm still learning all the cool things about the phone, and was hoping you guys could help me out. Have any tricks or must have app/accessory recommendations for me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Android Enthusiast

Use gesturing when the screen is off to turn on the phone. I think there is a tutorial for it. No real need to use the power button. To turn off my screen I always use the app Screen Off & Lock. No need to reach for the power button to turn the phone off, just use that app.

Have fun with your new M8. To be honest, this phone has everything in it.

gingersnapgirl likes this.
  3. mruno

mruno Android Expert

gingersnapgirl likes this.
  4. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

When in an HTC app like the People, Blinkfeed, Mail etc if you've scrolled a long way down you can just tap the status bar for it to automatically scroll straight back to the top.

5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member

You can hide apps in the app drawer by opening the app drawer, clicking the ... menu button, and clicking hide/unhide apps. If it has a check mark, it is hidden.

Kratos

6. Cagey75

Cagey75 Newbie

Cool tips, expecting mine to arrive today :)

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews