• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to the Incredible. Coming from Evo

DroidEDI

May 26, 2010
I currently have Sprint and have the Evo 4g phone. It's a great phone, but I gotta be honest. It's huge. I have medium? Sized hands and it's more than I can handle.

My work just switched carriers to Verizon so I jumped on the chance to get the Incredible. I have it in my hands right now. The car toys I went to had 4 in stock on Friday and I got the last one on Saturday morning :).

I gotta say. On this same forum the Evo area seems to be more "happening" Is that because there's more problems/issues/things to talk about, with that phone or do ya'll just not have that much to talk about? Seems kind of slow going around here.

Might just because it's the weekend or something.

Anyway I look forward to be around and my new phone. I'm debating on a case right now as I'm still testing it to make sure it's better coverage than Sprint. So far though, it's better or equal at some low signal areas. But over all seems to do better.

Happy Sunday! :)

welcome to the incredible.

a lot of the action here has moved to the root and roms subforums. most of the people not actively engaged in rooting and flashing have pretty much talked about everything there is to talk about until we get an official OTA. also, the mods are pretty dilligent about moving thread about apps and general android stuff to the approprite non-phone-specific sections of androidforums, so there's not a lot of "what's your favorite game" thread in the incredible forum (but there are some).

Upvote 0
Oooo we got one! Welcome, I think you will be more than happy with Verizons service.

Well Sprint didnt test out the Froyo update much so issues are gonna rise, we have rumors of the froyo ota, tips, roms, and root things to talk about. :) And when it does come out officially, we probably wont have as much errors, and it will be chaos I tell you, chaos! ;)

Upvote 0
I currently have Sprint and have the Evo 4g phone. It's a great phone, but I gotta be honest. It's huge. I have medium? Sized hands and it's more than I can handle.

My work just switched carriers to Verizon so I jumped on the chance to get the Incredible. I have it in my hands right now. The car toys I went to had 4 in stock on Friday and I got the last one on Saturday morning :).

I gotta say. On this same forum the Evo area seems to be more "happening" Is that because there's more problems/issues/things to talk about, with that phone or do ya'll just not have that much to talk about? Seems kind of slow going around here.

Anyway I look forward to be around and my new phone. I'm debating on a case right now as I'm still testing it to make sure it's better coverage than Sprint. So far though, it's better or equal at some low signal areas. But over all seems to do better.

Happy Sunday! :)
Basically there is nothing to talk about. You mostly hear about the OTA that will arrive whenever (rumors). I come in here sometimes to see if OTA was released yet. Just about everything has been covered regarding the DINC and each question are relocated to its proper category. So basically you can leave this forum for three days or more, come back and not be lost.

Upvote 0
We've pretty much talked about practically everything there is to talk about. And the Support/Troubleshoot forum is actually quite active, and that would be where those "problems/issues" threads you refer to are in this particular forum. In addition to that subforum, the root/ROM forum is pretty busy as well. Just because the main forum is slow doesn't mean the entire subforum is. If anything, a few individual threads themselves in the main forum are very active.

Upvote 0
I just got my incredible a couple weeks ago. love the damn thing. I had a blackberry storm before this, so its like going from a honda to a corvette lol... feel like I get more for my money when it comes to browsing the net.

same her, and I went from a winmo to my storm , which at the time was more rock solid then the Winmo phone. But this in incredible is just.."INCREDIBLE!!"

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcomes and the info! Good to hear it's not as dead as I thought.

I'm looking to root my phone, but I almost want to wait if the OTA is so close.

I do like Verizon's service better, but the only reason I didn't go there first was cost. Now that I'm being forced to by work, it doesn't seem so bad ;)

Got a case shipping to me as we speak and I have my 32gb sd card from my Evo. So I'm pretty much set. Just wish we had a dock. I need to browse the accessories section so I'm sure somebody made/found one.

Upvote 0
i currently have sprint and have the evo 4g phone. It's a great phone, but i gotta be honest. It's huge. I have medium? Sized hands and it's more than i can handle.

My work just switched carriers to verizon so i jumped on the chance to get the incredible. I have it in my hands right now. The car toys i went to had 4 in stock on friday and i got the last one on saturday morning :).

I gotta say. On this same forum the evo area seems to be more "happening" is that because there's more problems/issues/things to talk about, with that phone or do ya'll just not have that much to talk about? Seems kind of slow going around here.

Anyway i look forward to be around and my new phone. I'm debating on a case right now as i'm still testing it to make sure it's better coverage than sprint. So far though, it's better or equal at some low signal areas. But over all seems to do better.

Happy sunday! :)

welcome!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones