1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support New to the Incredible..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gobirds895, Oct 25, 2010.

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I just upgraded my phone from a droid to an incredible, and Im liking the size/speed/makeup of this phone in comparison without even rooting!! Im not sure if my software is up to date though..it says Im running firmware 2.1-update1. Should I update to Froyo and how so?

Also,
    What are some of the other advantages/functions the Incredible has above other android phones, and should I eventually root?

Advertisement

2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd suggest you do the update.zip method to install froyo. I'm suggesting you do that instead of waiting because it'll probably help you to do a factory reset after you update, and the sooner you do that the less stuff you'll have to reinstall/resetup (but if you backup properly it's really not that big of a deal).

As far as rooting, that really depends on what you want to do with root. Unless you can tell somebody "I'm planning on rooting my phone so I can do [BLANK]." you probably shouldn't root.

FramCire likes this.
  3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Thank you so much for your opinion on rooting. I have a buddy who has been pushing me to root and your comment has solidified by choice not to root at this time. "I'm planning on rooting my phone so I can make my friend happy" doesnt seem to be a good answer.