1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New to the mesmerize

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kat2625, May 11, 2011.

1. kat2625

kat2625 Lurker
    None

May 11, 2011
    Hello---

Im new to the world of Android. I switched from a blackberry to the Samsung Mesmerize a week ago. I have figured somethings out and switch to Handcent so I go do individual ringtones on my phone. However Im not completely sold on this phone...

I was trying to respond to a few text this morning and switched my phone to Landscape and the keyboard tells me what letters Im pushing but do not show on the screen?

How do I fix this?

Advertisement

2. regalsoft

regalsoft Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    Web Developer
    Little Rock, AR
    sometimes the target area receiving the text is UNDER the keyboard and you have to scroll the screen up before you see the text. Give that a try.

3. jamoosh

jamoosh Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    I've been using Thumb Keyboard which has a preference to shrink the keyboard to a smaller size so that the content of the form you are typing in is not obscured. I'm sure other keyboards have this function as well, however I prefer the layout of this keyboard in portrait mode.

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    I've found Swiftkey to be a very useful keyboard. It "learns" the words you use most often, and begins predicting them for you. Also has swipe shortcuts. One of the first apps I ever purchased (it has a free trial version) and its one that I still use regularly.