1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to the root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by napt36, Jun 5, 2010.

1. napt36

napt36 Lurker

Finally! i was one of the unfortunate that had to wait to get the 2.1 rooted. But I finally rooted my fone and took of some of the bloatware. Now i need to figure out the "roms" and "overclocking" stuff. any one have a good suggestion for my first rom? hopefully it will be as easy at rooting(literally 30 minutes)and i had no clue what i was doing lol. thanks for the advice in advacne!

2. ccapasso

ccapasso Android Expert

Read the FAQ/Tutorial. It covers your questions about ROM's. There is also a thread that has discussions about different ROM's. It really is a matter of preference, but I personally have always gone back to Fresh ROM's :)

3. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

It really depends on what type of ROM you want. A ROM that looks new, exciting, and different often comes with some bugs. A ROM that doesn't look to drastically different but has a lot of performance based changes runs more smoothly with less bugs. For that reason, I choose to run Fresh 2.1.2. You CANNOT go wrong with this ROM.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews