1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New to the S6 Edge - Brightness of lock screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StevenSeed, Jun 3, 2015.

1. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Male
    Network Analyst
    South Yorkshire, UK
    Hello all - I've had the S6 Edge since Saturday and I'm very impressed with it. Sony Xperia Z was always going to be a tough act to follow but so far I'm really pleased.

There are just a couple of things Google Searches have let me down on, one of them being is there a way to change the brightness of the lock screen when you close the clear case? When I do it automatically puts the time on the screen for about 30 seconds on full brightness (presumably so you can see it through the case) but there doesn't seem to be an option to change neither the brightness or the illumination duration. Worried about it munching the battery unnecessarily...

Also, anyone know why it won't work with my Garmin 610? The official answer on the Garmin Connect app is that the watch doesn't have Bluetooth, but I thought there was a built-in ANT+ stick in the S6 Edge (in the same way I have an ANT+ stick that plugs into my laptop).

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to assist. I'll go through other posts now to see if the short time I've had to play with this phone has given me the knowledge to help with anyone else's queries.....

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was released in 2015, and offered a curved display versus the standard flat panel found in the standard Galaxy S6. The device features a 5.1-inch display, 3GB of RAM, up to 128GB of storage, and a 16MP rear-facing camera.