• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

new to the samsung GALAXY 551

so I have plugged my phone into my cpu but i am unable to access it what am I doing wrong

sorry about my post I am new to these things I am canadianj and I am happy to have joined

LOL, not a problem, CanadianJ, welcome to the AndroidForums :).

It sounds like you might still be in "charge-only" mode instead of "mount as disk-drive" mode. Try this:

1) make sure you USB cable is connect between your phone and your PC
2) pull down the notification shade (touch and drag down the very top section of the screen)
3) touch the section in the Ongoing area labled "USB connection"
4) select "USB Mass Storage" and then press the "OK" button

This should make the files on your phone accessible by your PC (your PC will probably auto-prompt you asking if you want to explore your phone's removable disk drive).

Be sure to do a "safe-eject" on your PC before unplugging the USB cable if you modify anything that was in your phone's SD card.

Also, after you are done accessing the phone's SD card from your PC, don't forget to put the phone back in "Charge Only" mode.

If the above doesn't work for you, then you're best bet would be to post a thread in your phone's home forum since the folks there know your phone the best:

Samsung Galaxy 551 - Android Forums

Cheers and again, welcome to AF!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones