• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to this: Android tab won't start up

stephieg22

Lurker
Dec 1, 2010
Hi I have an M002 Android tablet with android 1.6 system. I moved some programs to the home screen & since then have the constant message 'android.process.acore' has stopped unexpectantly. please try again. (force close) i cannot get a home screen or even get onto anything else to try a manufacturers reset, i only have one main button to start up the tablet & a pinpoint M/R button which i've tried with no luck. when it reboots it only goes to 'android' on the screen then if it comes on at all it only shows the last page i was on and won't let me do anything at all on the screen. Please help

there are no other buttons other than the power and m/r button? not even a volume rocker?

im not 100% as i have no experience with this specific device, but have you tried powering it off completely then holding down just the m/r button no power button? or holding down both m/r and power at same time?

it seems like you are going to need to somehow get into recovery mode which is slightly different on all devices.

Reactions: stephieg22
Upvote 0
I also bought an Eken M003 in China last year. The tablet unlock 5 by 5 dot matrix entry password program stopped working. So, can't open tablet. The Eken message is to "press Menue or make emergency call." I live in the US. Tried to contact Eken in China thru their email. No response. My take is that Eken doesn't support their products.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones