1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New to this, looking to buy a SG3 & want to root it please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zak9494, Dec 31, 2012.

1. zak9494

zak9494 Newbie

Switching over from the iPhone due to jailbreaking dying out. I'm looking on craigslist to buy a Galaxy S3. Im on AT&T and looking to buy a white or black S3. Is there anything specific I should look out for? Also I plan to root my S3, should I look for a specific S3 model and does it matter what version of an OS its running in order to root it? Like the iPhone with jailbreaking.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Welcome Zak!
    As dread has pointed out, rooting is pretty straightforward and for me, on Verizon, it was E-Z!!:D
    Just please, read very carefully and be sure to understand the process of rooting.
    If you have any questions about the process, ask!
    He also provided you with a link if you decide to stay with AT&T.
    If you decide to switch carriers, there are different forums for rooting for different carriers.
    They are listed at the top of this forum:D

4. disc golfin

disc golfin Well-Known Member

If buying the phone off craigslist, make sure the phone has a good esn. You can call AT&T to verify it, (to make sure it isn't reported stolen/lost).

Of course make sure the phone model is for AT&T and not another carrier.

5. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

A lot of horror stories buying from Craigs List. Buy the phone everything good till original seller does not finish paying for it and phone get locked.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews