1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

new to this phone. ^-^

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by raptorboy619, Dec 23, 2011.

1. raptorboy619

raptorboy619 Lurker

ummm im kinda got my new optimus v and i really dont know how to begin.anyone has any hints on how to start.?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

Congrats on the most awesome phone in the world for the money (in my heavily biased opinion) and welcome to our little corner of the internet! Hints are aplenty here, what are you interested in? Browse the threads, use the search functions, chances are good any questions you have are already answered, but buried several pages back. Don't be afraid to ask questions, our wisdom is at your disposal, for we are a friendly bunch here!

3. bunnyfer

bunnyfer Newbie

Me too...after months of wanting one, I finally got a good deal and the $$ to do it...I am now part of the smart phone family, and a bit overwhelmed..but excited!!

4. Michael323

Michael323 Member

For those who still read books :) ... a good one if you are new to Android is The Rough Guide to Android Phones. Not LG-specific but covers Android functions, apps, security, connectivity, syncing, etc.

Atma and AndyOpie150 like this.
  5. thecruiser

thecruiser Lurker

This is a "SMART PHONE", Oh,...
    Shows ya how new I am to this...:thinking:
    thecruiser

6. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert

Oh yes, this is a smartphone. All Android, iOS, WebOS, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry powered phones are considered smartphones. Basically, it's a hand held computer. Like taking a Palm Pilot and a cell phone and tossing them in a blender set for puree. This is opposed to a feature phone, which would have a camera, be able to surf the web, and play music, but not be able to install much in the way of additional software. I refer to these as "clever" phones. At the bottom of the food chain you have basic phones, which can't really do more than make a call or send a text. These are "dumb" phones.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews