• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to this sub, saying Hi

Varg

Nov 17, 2010
Hello all,
(TL;DR at bottom if you dont want to read)
Big fan of these forums, long time lurker in the Ally forums. I just upgraded to the Bionic from the LG Ally. My wife had an upgrade available, she's happy with her phone (LG Vortex) so she graciously transferred it to me. I picked up a Certified Pre-Owned Bionic from VZW for 65 bucks. I couldn’t pass that price up. It arrives tomorrow; I’m very excited to have a phone that actually works. so i'm just saying Hi.

That being said, I’m looking for any tips for anything that will make this phone experience better than that Ally. (what can I do with this that I couldn’t do with the Ally?) I'm seriously behind the 8 ball having the Ally for so long, i could barely look at any sort of website that had graphics on it at all, so i just did very light things with it.

I’m grandfathered into the unlimited plan, so sky’s the limit i guess :).

I’m also looking for suggestions for a belt clip side holster. So far i like this LINK i'm open to suggestions if anyone has something better. (i'll also be getting one of the silicone black skins as well or otterbox)

TL;DR: getting a Bionic tomorrow from the Ally, stopping in to say hi and introduce myself.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones