• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to this technology.

foxII

Nov 21, 2010
Hello everyone:
After 5 years my LG Vcast finally gave up the ghost. I just used it for calls anyway. Decided to upgrade to the new technology and got an EVO G4.
I really want to utilize "all" the features of this phone but I am unfamiliar with using it. Its a great phone so far and I've managed to be more productive with it. I am concerned with the battery life and want the best user apps.
I would read the book but I am old and font-size 2 is just way too small for me. I seached the forums for improving battery life but the steps are not clear to me as I have to find the icons first.
Can somone write a detailed post on how to improve the battery life and a list of the best user apps for this phone.

PS: I tried to log in to chat but it did not work.

If you really care about the user manual (I never read them, but just saying), you can download it online and make the font as big as you want. For battery life, what do you have consistently running? What do you use/not use? I know there are some apps that like to load on their own that are useless (to me anyway). Namely the Sprint apps. Root the phone and you can delete apps that you don;t want (that are normally un-deletable).

Upvote 0
Have you done any searching online? Up until a week ago I didn't really know what a root was either to be honest. There are some great tutorials all over this site and even on youtube if you are a more visual learner.

I'd get started with downloading app killer from the marketplace. It's free and lets you kill all the apps that are running (as well as easily and quickly see what all you have running).

Upvote 0
I actually have been looking online. I found the manual online and it is being printed as I wite.
I had appkiller installed as a free when I purchased the phone. I am not a big fan of unwanted things on my computer or phones and would just as well delete them (preferably) or turn them off.
My bottom line is that for what I paid for I want to set this phone up to be fully functional and synched. I am looking for a step by step way to achieve this and improve efficiency and battery life.
Are there any Guru's out there that can help me?

Upvote 0
welcome to android and to the forums..
here is some advise for you... since you asked.

1. dont use task killers. try your best to forget what is running in the background. It is not like Windows or other OS. Android will do what it needs to keep your phone functional and fast. Out of site.. out of mind is best in this situation.

2. go to the EVO subforum to find more info on the things you want.

3. battery life ... if you are getting a full day of power.. with NORMAL use is good. if you are playing with the phone all the time, because it is new and exploring.... then your phones will not last all day. Do not expect more than 1 day of NORMAL use.

4... ask if you get stuck!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone:
After 5 years my LG Vcast finally gave up the ghost. I just used it for calls anyway. Decided to upgrade to the new technology and got an EVO G4.
I really want to utilize "all" the features of this phone but I am unfamiliar with using it. Its a great phone so far and I've managed to be more productive with it. I am concerned with the battery life and want the best user apps.
I would read the book but I am old and font-size 2 is just way too small for me. I seached the forums for improving battery life but the steps are not clear to me as I have to find the icons first.
Can somone write a detailed post on how to improve the battery life and a list of the best user apps for this phone.

PS: I tried to log in to chat but it did not work.

Welcome to Android Forums, fox.

I moved your thread to the HTC EVO 4G support area for you.

Here is a link to the EVO 4g user manual (in PDF, which means you can make the fonts any size you want ;)):

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/htc/evo/htc_evo_ug.pdf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones