• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to this

Tunasimon

Lurker
Oct 26, 2011
Hello all I am new to the forum world, so here we go.....

Can anyone please tell me if it is posible to format a X6D / G11 ANDROID TABLET PC ?. and if so how to do it? And also what company makes them. Do Android make them or do they only make the OS?.

I was thinking of simply formatting it by using my desk computer, as i am able to mount it to my desk PC by usb. But if i do this, i dont know if the OS will be lost or not.But then the OS maybe on a chip in the unit in solid state form?.
Any help i would apreceate.

Tuna.

Welcome to AF :) Yep, you're correct that Android is just the OS. Android is owned by the Open Handset Alliance, and mostly under the stewardship of Google.

I generally would advise against formatting the tablet from your PC as it looks like it is internal storage. It's usually fine to format an SDcard but internal storage is maybe not as good idea. May I ask why you are trying to format it? Maybe there is another route to you end goal than formatting :)

It doesnt look like we have a specific forum for that tablet either, else I would send you there for help.

You may try asking in our General Tablet Talk forum here: General Tablet Talk - Android Forums

Hope that helps and welcome again to the forums :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the AndroidForums, Tuna!

+1 re. alostpacket's response... There are some devices (even when not rooted) that show you the entirety of the internal memory's filesystems--including the Android OS--that would make reformatting it problematic (i.e., "bad").

I'm not familiar with the device model you cited...is there other manufacturer information you could provide?

Cheers and glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones