• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to verizon, how can I get good discounts for Dinc?

Chango99

Jun 1, 2010
I am trying to get Verizon to give me some discounts to join them since I am currently with ATT and am trying to make them "convice" me to go with Verizon, but I've had no luck with 2 sales rep. One was extremely rude while the other said that all they could do was give me an instant rebate.

I've been reading through here that current verizon customers can wave their contract with vzw and say they'll leave verizon or something like that. I've been trying to say i'm not sure which phone I should get, the iPhone 4G or the Dinc. My leverage was basically that and how long the shipping is for the dinc, but I'm having no luck getting a discount. I also mentioned that I've read that other customers were able to get their phones for 50$, now shouldn't I, as a new customer, be given a better discount so that you get me in your contract?

No luck though.

That was helpful. Really. Want to point out something else that's not obvious?

I was being helpful, not the answer you wanted but helpful...

Verizon VERY rarely gives any sort of discounts, and what they do give, almost always comes from corporate NEVER individuals in Stores, your floor sales guys aren't given that kind of power...

Upvote 0
Google "verizon wireless promotional code". They change periodically. I got $40 off a couple of weeks ago.

Hmmmm, "Dealpro" might still be working. There's a box you enter that in when you're going through checkout. That would have given me 10% off my entire order but I used "multi25ch" which got me the $40 off. You can use only one with each order and I don't know if either is still available.

And, contrary to the other comments, there's ALWAYS some kind of promotion goin on depending on what they're trying to move at any given moment.

Upvote 0
To be frank, you probably won't not be able to work the store reps that much, if at all. Any "discount" that they give you would be coming out of their own pockets so why bother with someone thats trying to churn every penny on the phone? They can find the next customer that is willing to pay full price on the phone just as easily as you entered their store.

I do remember seeing a $50 off promo code flyer thing that people were getting in the mail, and I believe there was a thread somewhere on here. You may want to check that out. And at times, their online store has promo codes that pop up with various $ amounts off. Other than that, there really isn't much budge in terms of pricing. Verizon gives plenty of corporate discounts to a wide range of companies, so you may want to check with your employer if your eligible. IMO, this will sometimes save you more (or atleast equal to the discount of a phone) in the long run as these payments are recurring whereas the price of the phone is one time.

Upvote 0
If you look at Verizons device history, $199 is one hell of a deal for the Incredible. Consider yourself lucky if you can get your hands on one right now.

XV6600 $549*
XV6700 $399
XV6800 $349
XV6900 $349
Moto Q $249
Omnia $249*
Touch Pro $349*
Touch pro2 $199*
Moto Droid $199*
Incredible $199*

^ All 2 year contract prices ^

* Devices I've purchased myself :)

Upvote 0
A phone that has a 3+ week backlog, and offer it for more of a discount to window shoppers? Doubtful. Wait a few months and you'll be able to get it for much less, but then you'll want the next hot phone for $199.99.

Best deal I've seen is $49.99-$99.99 that comes in an email from VZW for people who are out of contract. The $50 price difference depends on your NE2 credit structure. Mine was $99.99 because I only have a $50 NE2 credit, others have a $100 NE2 credit, the private sale takes another $50 off of the phone ($199.99 - $100/$50 NE2 - $50 Private sale).

I too get a corporate discount, otherwise I wouldn't have two smartphones on my personal account!

Upvote 0
Two things:

1. Why do you deserve a Dinc for $50? You're not with Verizon, so you're obviously not renewing a contract. An important rule of business...it's cheaper to retain an existing customer than it is to obtain a new customer.
  2. Verizon does not need your business. They already have more customer's than any other carrier in the US. They will go home at night and sleep like babies never once thinking that they should have gotten you that DInc at an even more discounted rate.

Not trying to be rude here..but seriously think about what you're asking for.

Upvote 0
Two things:

1. Why do you deserve a Dinc for $50? You're not with Verizon, so you're obviously not renewing a contract. An important rule of business...it's cheaper to retain an existing customer than it is to obtain a new customer.
  2. Verizon does not need your business. They already have more customer's than any other carrier in the US. They will go home at night and sleep like babies never once thinking that they should have gotten you that DInc at an even more discounted rate.

Not trying to be rude here..but seriously think about what you're asking for.

I totally agree. I have been with VZW since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile and pagers were all the rage (Damn I'm getting old). I have corporate discounts. I tried to get a deal on the incredible since I usually upgrade early all the time. I called customer service and there were no discounts on the phone. Luckily, the rep was really nice and went out of her way. She gave me one month free service on my primary line ($59.99). They are willing to bend the rules for long time customers, but for a new customer..... I don't think they would go out of there way.

Get the DInc anyway without a discount. You won't be sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones