1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New to VZW, what are my pre-order options?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jedi Mike, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jedi Mike

Jedi Mike Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    King of Prussia, PA
    Hi, I'm looking to get a Nexus for my wife. We're moving from AT&T to VZW, mainly because AT&T has not been reliable for her. She doesn't use a lot of data, so although I'm disappointed there's no option for unlimited data, it's not a big deal for her. She would need to transfer her current mobile number to the new device.

My question is, what would be the best way to pre-order the Nexus, when the day finally comes. We live very close to a Costco store, along with Verizon, Best Buy, etc. I also would be fine ordering direct from Verizon or Amazon.

My priorities would be (1) get the phone ASAP, and (2) best service in case of a problem. Would the wireless plan options be the same, no matter where I get the Nexus?

thanks for all the great info on this forum!
    ---Jedi Mike, King of Prussia PA

Advertisement

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert
    None

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    Hi Jedi, and welcome to AF. I would think your best over all bet is to sign up at the galaxy nexus page at verizonwireless.com and google as I think those who do will get the earliest and most reliable notice of any pre-order/ordering information.

My source says _maybe_ pre-order this week, but pretty sure we can all order next week, the week of 12/12.

good luck

Tags: