1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

New "Today Screen" for Andriod call SlideScreen...anyone try it yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Konikub, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Manager

Advertisement

2. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Engineer
    Florida
    I found it for free last week, not sure if it was a beta or not (can't access that site from work).

I might give it a try to see how it is when I have time to install it on my phone later on.

Just downloaded it on my phone now and installed it, turns out the "free" version I got was a beta. So far, it's a pretty nice and clean interface. I got an e-mail right after I installed it and was playing around with it, and it reminded me a lot of my old WM6.1 device, which I really enjoyed.

There are some quirks, though. Doesn't seem like you can run it as a widget on one of your scenes, which would be nice. Instead, it wants to replace your homescreen, which you can decline. If you decline it, it just runs as a standard app, which seems kinda pointless.

Gonna keep playing around with it.

3. strtdusty

strtdusty Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Doesn't look like it is a public beta. I signed up and it said more testers would be contacted later.

4. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Manager
    I posted a photo of what the Slide Screen looks like. I tried in on my Hero and it looks slamming!!!!! However, it could be more customizable....maybe it might be in the future seeing as how it just came out :rolleyes:

I hope more come out like this, or this one finds a way to keep the other six home screens also...and doesn't want to be solo. It might be better if you go the "Pro" version....but I don't, and haven't paid for an app yet (it has to be a GOOOOOD one for me to invest in) This one almost has me sold ;)

5. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Engineer
    Florida
    I like the premise as well. It's a great looking screen and easy to navigate. Again, I hope they can make it a full-screen widget, because making it the only home screen kinda defeats the purpose of SENSE.

I wish they had made it compatible with Facebook to start, but they chose Twitter. that's probably just a matter of time, though.

Great start, and it's looking good. Hope to see more customizable options for the future.

6. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The Bay Area SF/Oak
    It's an alright application...

but if that would have more options, it would be a great app.

7. Mauddib

Mauddib Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If I didn't have Sense then I would love this but with Sense it just can't compete yet. It needs to be a little more fluid and customizable before I could see using it. Some sort of Widget would make it better and something I might use. Good first try and I have hopes for something better in the future.

8. RobAGD

RobAGD Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I installed the free version and have been poking around, I like, now if it would just be a full screen widget like others have mentioned, and Facebook etc etc

-R

Tags: