• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New tv thinking..

So been sort of looking for a newer tv, and something within a great 17 inch screen, perfect fit to my speakers, able to have several plug ins with my ps3, also that has to have around nine or ten not really usb connectors, but color plug ins, that is not undershot by a measly connector for the cable, also looking for an HDMI port for my dish network connection.

I know I am asking a ton though but hopefully I can reach out to you. Any name brand.

Get a Samsung son.

Buckingham Palace uses them.
Have you seen the decor of Buck House? I'd not rely on the taste of anyone who lives there ;)

@Milo Willamson you really mean 17" TV? I don't know about the US market, but where I am there aren't many of those at all, and those there are are cheap sets so unlikely to have a large range of connectors (I just tried searching the UK Amazon and struggled to find any 17" sets, though found one or two models less than 20"). Would a monitor do, or do you need it to have a TV tuner?

Upvote 0
So been sort of looking for a newer tv, and something within a great 17 inch screen, perfect fit to my speakers, able to have several plug ins with my ps3, also that has to have around nine or ten not really usb connectors, but color plug ins, that is not undershot by a measly connector for the cable, also looking for an HDMI port for my dish network connection.

I know I am asking a ton though but hopefully I can reach out to you. Any name brand.

Do you actually need a television?, Like do you need a built-in tuner that can receive signals via an aerial? Or are you just looking for a display that plugs into HDMI, like via a cable box, satellite box, Android box, computer etc.

Upvote 0
Have you seen the decor of Buck House? I'd not rely on the taste of anyone who lives there ;)

@Milo Willamson you really mean 17" TV? I don't know about the US market, but where I am there aren't many of those at all, and those there are cheap sets so unlikely to have a large range of connectors (I just tried searching the UK Amazon and struggled to find any 17" sets, though found one or two models less than 20"). Would a monitor do, or do you need it to have a TV tuner?
I really need a newer t.v. modulator, it can be Plasma nothing too big, so it can sit on the desktop area I have for my tv and speakers too, the one I have it is around a 16-inch one that has so many those colored plugs, I am a semi big-time gamer, so I have my ps3 hooked into it, and that has around six connectors to talk with my Samsung t.v. -- Yeah noticed there is a ton of QBL things that can really outshine performances, I have seen some smaller ones at the big store just up in town a spell ago too...

So yeah.. Just that I have been thinking and doing paper measurements, just eyeballing it and measuring tape it one day of where I have free though, this comp monitor does not have what I really want for a t.v. and it is slightly smaller then my t.v.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Do you actually need a television?, Like do you need a built-in tuner that can receive signals via an aerial? Or are you just looking for a display that plugs into HDMI, like via a cable box, satellite box, Android box, computer etc.
Cable boxes that plugs into my HDMI Satalite.

Upvote 0
Talked to my mother about it,
I do have the money but it can honestly wait until she clears out her mental history :)
I was thinking of a t.v. that is according on what I was really thinking about it too, Maybe I could go as 18 inches though.. Hmm, I had the dvd tower as one of my speakers connection though, but it needs to be more then five feet tall though.. My older one was a box tv too, yeah I think that was around 18 or so inches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones