1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New unknown tab

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Glovey, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Glovey

Glovey Lurker

Hi, I've recently noticed a new side tab on my screen when playing any game, when touched causes the screen to dim. Any idea what it is and if I can get rid of it?

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by Glovey, Dec 23, 2021 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

What kind of phone? Reminds me of the Samsung Edge thing, but that isn't rounded off. Possibly a knock off app or part of your launcher

4. Glovey

Glovey Lurker

It's on a Samsung note 9. There was a recent software update to the latest version, but couldn't find any info that would explain it

5. Unforgiven

So the bar I swipe on doesn't show in a screen shot on my S20, but this is what it looks like when I swipe it open. Is that what you are experiencing?
    upload_2021-12-23_14-25-21.png

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Glovey

Glovey Lurker

No, my standard side bar works normally, on the right of the screen. This is there on the top left whenever a game is opened, disappears if the game is closed.

7. Unforgiven

Hmmm... ...Samsung has some weird game booster and another game feature that I can't find at the moment. I wonder if it is one of those. Beyond that, I'm kind of stumped. I'm going to move this to the Note 9 area as I know some folks that are way better at Sammy's than I am will see this. :)

Glovey and ocnbrze like this.
  8. Glovey

Glovey Lurker

Thank you, I've been having a look at the game booster settings too, but nothing obvious there

I've figured it out, it's from a toggle setting in the game plugins app. Didn't toggle it on myself, must've gone on with the update.

@mods, please close thread

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews