• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New update 2.05.405.2 available ota

Thanks Dog_chops, I'll see if my Legend picks it up! I've been trying to get it since it was released on 8th June but was puzzled why it wasn't available OTA...:thinking:

As for what we get, in one of my previous posts [here: http://androidforums.com/htc-legend/115816-1-31-405-x-2-03-403-a.html] I noticed:

- HTC Legend Firmware Update 2.03.403: New Features | xda-developers
- Firmware Update - Legend HTC WWE 2.03.405.3 - xda-developers

Major improvements are:

• New version of Quickoffice
  • Battery life improvement
  • Improved performance
  • Multitouch for Google Maps (!)
  • New Radio

Any more?

EDIT: Its about 24mb in size, mine's downloading...:cool:

Upvote 0
This is 100% 2.05.405.2 and not 2.03

I cannot find any other info on it. Nothing on Google searches, Android forums, or the HTC website either. I checked yesterday for updates (and have done for the last week in case we get froyo 2.2) on my phone and nothing until this afternoon.

Mine is a de-branded Vodafone.

Upvote 0
Reflashing the standard ROM has brought my wifi back again.
Can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that my phone is recoverable.

Restored now to 1.31.405.5, so will not update until 100% sure it's sorted with the wifi.
Not sure if having the wifi on when installing the update effected things?

Panic over!

Did you require a goldcard for this? I keep getting signature error!

Upvote 0
Question to those who have sucessfully updated:

Did you turn your wifi off before installing?
I left mine on when installing, wonder if this could be the reason why it messed up my wifi.
Will try to see if that's the case tonight when I'm back home.

Knowing that I can fully recover my phone gives me the confidence to play around with things.

Upvote 0
My wifi was ON when I carried out the update. All the way through from downloading it to installing it and beyond.

I DO have a Goldcard installed. My phone was a branded Vodafone, however unlocked to all SIMs when I got it. (one of the first batches which had German setup)
So I'm assuming you debranded your phone.
Just to confirm you had your goldcard IN your phone when you updated.
If so I'll give that a go first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones