• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New update 2.3.6

Yea it does a lot.

New lock screen.

More internal memory.

and other things.

Nothing fancy like custom themes and stuff.

1) like i said... this update changes NOTHING for CM.....

2) there is no way for an update to make more space. the admire has 160MB's of space dedicated to /data since this is a new update they prolly threw in updated builds of the system apps which would mean you wouldnt need them in /data ergo freeing up space. but it doesnt make it, as soon as google maps has an update youll be back to less space. best way to combat this is titanium backup and run a schedule of integrate updates into system it will take any updated apps and move the apk and consolidate it.

3) no official update will support custom themes. teh closest you have to that is sprint id or sense hub to download htc's themes

Reactions: PlayfulGod
Upvote 0
Well I just flash the update, and well.... Im not to impressed. It is just like 2.3.4. Please hear Playful God in his Thread " if you have a nice rom, stick to it!" I found my self going back to monster after running it for 4 hours. Lockscreen was cool but thats was it for me. now I may have hung on if it had Samsung Attain's music player and messaging app, and Lg esteem's lockscreen but its not for me. Stock never did it for me. as for the memory.... big disappointment. I have plenty of memory with 2.3.4, I have four pages of apps and still at 78.6mb:D. I guess its all about what you know about android.

Upvote 0
Hey shabby. For anyone who doesn't know, does tibu need to be paid for to run said schedule or will basic free version accomplish this? Figured people would believe you over me.

actually i have no idea lol. it was about a week after i first found out about TB that i bought a key for it off his website, since then hes made a key available in the market and for the lazy part of me... i went ahead and bought it again. so since mid 2010 i havent had a pro copy of TB it was only in 2012 that i started to get into schedules and using his TB media sync to backup my camera/TB folders to shabbypenguin.com and my dropbox.

since i am a crack flasher i used to lose all my wheres my water progress, but since ive been syncing and backing everything up i can finally have my (completely) 100%'d save nice and safe :). in my eyes that is fully worth the 10 bucks i double paid for TB (not just that one game of course but all of them lol :O)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones