1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New Update Caused Endless Rebooting -Tried most Steps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joshhumble, Dec 27, 2019.

1. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

@MrJavi Thanks so much for all your help on this the past few days. Wouldnt have been able to do it otherwise, issue after issue. For me, there were so many roadblocks and unknowns in the process. Really appreciate it!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

That's true, on my files at least they started with CSC, BL, AP, etc... made it easier

3. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

7D

first 2 digits of each of the 3 partitions you wish to flash . Once you confirm which is which, get oen and paper and add

7D=?
    21=?
    86=?

That way when your in odin you can distinguish one from the other

4. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

Sorry I dont know what any of that means, you are asking me to look for 3 strings of numbers on the phone? Where at?

5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

There is also the possibility that the partition from your previous software differs in size from your updated software and thus confict with you csc partition.

6. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

look at the screen shot you posted. The first ti digits in each slot are the ones I posted the ? represents AP, BL, CP. Once in Odin lok at the files first to digits and compare the to your hand written notes

hypothetically
    11=bl
    22=CP
    33=AP
    but be sure you mark the correctly before hand . Yes
    yours are
    7D=
    21=
    86=

Fill in the correct BL CP AP

7. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

Im very confused on what you mean or what your asking. But you want me to just load the tar files into odin, and look at those numbers? Here's a screenshot of it:

What handwritten notes you are referring to?

[​IMG]

Here's the whole file names if that's better?
    [​IMG]

8. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Sorry , last thing I want to do is add confusion. The main thing is to make sure each .tar file is in the correct spot. Not I think but I know kind of thing. when you sure then flash.

9. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Looks like you decided to fash you csc. Youll loose all user dsta.

10. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

Oh the flash was already done and successful. It worked.

As far as the CSC, since it kept failing, someone on XDA was chatting with me told me to go ahead try odin WITH the home CSC file. He thought that might be the issue. So I went ahead and tried it with the home CSC file.

All my app data, wifi networks, and logins appears to still be there? So what exactly did I lose from user data?

#60 joshhumble, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  11. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Thats the way I flash with Odin, Each slot is a partition. Somtines different firmwares change the size . Being that these only a given amout of space if A partition on a newer fernware increase the size on one partion the space is decreased in another or the others. You mention wanting to say data . I was hopeing to help you kerp it but we have elliminated pissible Odin fails. I think its time you consider a clean flash. Thats generally how its done. Flash fkashing the complete firmware. Hate to loose your data but a working phone with no iser data is better than data on a divice that fosent work. It your decision.

12. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

Oh no, Im saying it worked after flashing it a second time. :DThe phone turns back on normally and I was able to retrieve my data, I backed it up to my computer. The phone is back to normal so far!

It will be interesting to see what happens when that OTA update pops back up. The OTA update is what caused the original problem.

13. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Excellent!! You can go to settings a stop OTA updates if you choose. Youll have better security with the latest firmware.

14. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Yes it will and so happy to have help you in thiis marrer. Even more to know youll have a working S8. Awesome!!!

15. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Just gor the record if you go back to check youll notice I did mention that as the last option. The reason being was you preferred keeping you data. Pehaps you missed it or Pehaps I miss spelled it lol . The most important is you now have a working Note 8 and you didnt give up. Excellent.

16. joshhumble

joshhumble Member

It did not erase any of my data. Everything still there. Strange, I got lucky.
    Thanks again for all your help. :D

MrJavi likes this.
  17. James L

James L Android Expert

I'm actually a Androidforums member and I'm glad it all worked out.

MrJavi likes this.
  18. James L

James L Android Expert

Home csc will not factory reset the device.

MrJavi likes this.
  19. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Me too

20. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Thants great

Galaxy S8 Forum

The Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews