1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New update coming tonight.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digdug1, Jul 8, 2011.

1. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

scotty85 likes this.
  2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

There's no way in hell I'd accept this update if I was unrooted. It's full of VZW bloat, I hate the new tabbed app drawer and could care less about the landscaped clock support. In terms of radios, mr2 and mr2.5 are still buggy as sh*t, which leads me to believe this will likely be more of the same

edit: not to mention this will kill the free hotspot feature that as of right now is still working (from what I've heard, I'm on CM7 so I don't know)

3. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

At home I'm in a 3g only area. I traveled out if town this week into a 4g area and started experiencing dropping service. I'm hoping the new officially released radio will help.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

jcase just tweeted this:
    Uploading thunderbolt ota now and full ruu
    8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

https://twitter.com/#!/TeamAndIRC

if hes uploading a rooted RUU i may need to apply it ;)

digdug1 likes this.
  5. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Making a fresh backup now! ;)

6. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Are you guys really excited to try this? I want nothing to do with this, especially after the last radio leaks and the whole "bricking phones"

7. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Yup. Especially now that the consensus is the radio is irrelevant on the bricking issue.

Bricks showed up on random radios. Ask ibrick lol.

I will probably flash the rooted ruu to test the radio. When the radio gets pulled I will wait on a compatible bamf 3.0 Rom and flash it.
    If the radio is worth it lol.

8. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Yea I forgot about iBrick. Kind funny considering his name lol. Idk I'm still hesitant, though

9. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

Lmao I said that too. Ironic :)

10. scotty85

no,im not in the slightest bit excited to try it.i just wanted to be able to have the most current,secretly still rooted software on it if i had to take it to a store ;)

i agree with digdug,tho... if my radios were still workin i WOULD be excited to try an official release radio. id prolly do the same thing... flash the rooted RUU,make a backup(in case i need it later for situations like this :eek:) then restore my cm7 mr2 backup :cool:

i will go ahead and flash it,but im not havin much faith it will do anything for me.

11. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

12. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Any idea if the radio will be GB compatable?

13. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

Ya i want to know more about this new radio, is it the MR2 leak we already have, is it GB compatible...

14. scotty85

that would be my assumption :)

rexdog1888 likes this.
  15. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I can't imagine it is the same MR2 we have seen if it is then I feel sorry for those non-rooters, stockers, whatever you call someone who doesn't root...eh I feel sorry for them as is anyways.

rexdog1888 likes this.
  16. scotty85

my bad... my response was for the 2nd part. im sure its NOT the same mr2. ill edit for some clarity ;)

rexdog1888 likes this.
  17. scotty85

18. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

This is not the mr2 we already have. Supposedly many versions newer.

rexdog1888 likes this.
  19. digdug1

digdug1 Android Expert

I'm still outta town. Will wait for jcase :)

20. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

That is good to hear, looking forward to some beta testers trying it out for a bit before I get off work, hopefully VZW isn't full of BS with the reboot fix, if it is in fact being caused by the radio

21. scotty85

[​IMG]

flashed and running :D

22. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Bro just so you know jcase tweeted if your rooted NOT to flash it and wait for the rooted version.

Just realized you're exchanging your phone so I guess it doesn't matter :)

23. scotty85

ya i got nothin to lose bro :D

actually tho,yeah i saw that tweet. if you look close at the pic youll see hboot and recovery have been removed(and therefore not updated) :p still got clockwork,s-off,and i just flashed the SU app in recovery so now im even rooted again :D bout to restore everything with titanium... since i went thru the efforts i may as well run it a couple hours :eek:;) dammit i wish my radios worked so i could see if this was any better.

24. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

I saw on twitter slayher and retrokid are running it on CM and say it's ill. I kind of want to flash it now, but in jcase I trust so I'm waiting

25. scotty85

disregaurd current comment about still being rooted. the SU app is in my drawer,but the frameworks and such are prolly so different that it doesnt appear to be working :( hmm keep running non rooted rom or flash back to mr2 cm7 with 1x data ? :D

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews