1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root New update for Rush "LK7"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by animania260, Jan 6, 2013.

1. animania260

animania260 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    IT
    Has anybody received this update yet?
    I was looking on the samsung-opensource site getting the source again for the Rush and noticed this new update.

Mobile Phone SPH-M830_ICS LK7 SPH-M830_BST_ICS_Opensource_Update2.zip
    I haven't received this update on either my or my girlfriends Galaxy Rush so I was wondering if anyone else has got it yet?
    I just rooted both our phone's today just to get rid of some of the bloat-ware and to be able to use AdFree etc. But from what I've read around on the forum we should still receive OTA updates even if were root and then just re-flash CWM and root after the update.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Opened the zip and seems it was packaged 2012-12-11 20:15

Advertisement

2. animania260

None

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    IT
    Just quick fyi/update: my girlfriend got the update this morning (i think, I wasn't there but it said system update) she didin't install it though, but it seems it's being pushed out now.

3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    just root you can take the update. you removing apps will prevent the update installing properly

animania260 likes this.
  4. animania260

None

Jul 17, 2012
    Male
    IT
    Ahh see that's what I was wondering. I have rooted and got a nice speed boost from removing some bloat and SD boost. :) And WiFi tether for root is nice.
    I thought I read somewhere on the forum that we could get the update and just have to re flash root after because it will remove CWM etc but wasn't sure. Now I knows.

Wish I would've gotten more into programming/development when I was in college, I would have 4.2 running on this phone, or at least have CM10.1 ported. Been messing around with compiling the samsung source against the latest android-4.0.4_r2.1 release but I don't even know which 4.0.4 release the samsung source for this phone was built against.

Anyway, Thanks Shabby, you da man!

Edit: Also I haven't received the update yet. My girlfriend did this morning but I still haven't. Has to be just bug fixes, but there's a 20MB difference between the last and original sources and the new update that's (should?) be coming.