• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Update Is Crashing Google Navigator

LHawes

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
I don't keep up that much with the latest and greatest for my Ally but this morning I saw a system update notice and decided to go ahead and update. It seemed to go smooth enough but as the post title suggests my Google Navigation crashes back to the boot screen whenever I try and use the app.

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

SW Version VS7402VB
Kernel 2.6.29
Build # ERE27

Took my phone into Verizon today and they are replacing the phone. It's been running very sluggish and very hot and the guy said the older phones just don't handle the newer updates. They had a newer phone on display and it behaved like an entirely different phone - snappy and much faster at everything.

I did get the phone when the Ally first came out so maybe they made some improvements? I dunno.

Hope that helps someone.

Upvote 0
Took my phone into Verizon today and they are replacing the phone. It's been running very sluggish and very hot and the guy said the older phones just don't handle the newer updates. They had a newer phone on display and it behaved like an entirely different phone - snappy and much faster at everything.

I did get the phone when the Ally first came out so maybe they made some improvements? I dunno.

Hope that helps someone.

I also got the Ally when it first came out (pre-ordered) and when i restored my stock rom to update it i hadn't experienced no problems with the update. But i only used it for like 15 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones